Between Hebrew school and bar/bat mitzvah lessons, it’s easy to stay connected to Jewish life. But what happens next?
Kadima, USY’s program for pre-teens. Kadima is for middle-schoolers with programming closely tied to USY, including recreational activities, holiday celebrations, leadership development, weekend retreats, community service projects and more.
Kadima (forward in Hebrew) offers pre-teens grades 6-8 (varies by region) the opportunity to:
- Meet new people and have fun
- Stay engaged in Jewish life and learning once Hebrew school is over
- Experience the joy of Judaism
- Develop leadership and social skills
- Events such as bowling or craft nights
- Jewish holiday celebrations
- Community service projects
- Weekend conventions
- Encampment (an end of summer sleepaway camp experience)
Summer travel with USY isn’t just for teens. Middle-schoolers can sign up for USY on Wheels, East. Learn more about summer travel for pre-teens.