Covid Protocols for In-Person Overnight Events
As USY conventions and events begin to return to in-person formats, we want to ensure that we are taking every possible precaution to protect our teens and staff against the spread of Covid 19. USY’s medical committee has developed the following protocols for all USY staff and participants.
For additional questions regarding specific conventions or events, please be in touch with your local USY branch staff member.
For COVID-19 protocols specific to the 2021 International Convention in Washington DC, click here.
- An event facility must have the ability to isolate the USY group in an area to avoid mixing with public as much as possible
- All individuals associated with USY must adhere to a mask mandate while indoors
- USY groups will not gather in a facility’s public areas where unmasked people may be (i.e. no chofesh in the lobby of a hotel)
- USY groups will not attend off-site events (i.e. no theme parks)
- Hotel room maximum occupancy will be four USYers per room, with the possibility (if available) of an option for two USYers per room, for an additional fee
PERSONAL RISK MITIGATION
- All participants and staff must be fully vaccinated, regardless of prior Covid 19 infection
- USY will mandate masks be worn at all time indoors, except for sleeping, inside personal room, and eating
- USY will mandate masks be worn at all time outdoors when physical distancing (3-6 ft) is not possible
- Food may be served buffet style/self-served
- Food preparers must be masked
- All participants and staff must be masked during serving and when getting food
- Hand sanitizing gel must be used before entering and after exiting buffet line
- As much as possible, eating tables will be kept to 50% occupancy
- All participants are required to show proof of negative PCR test within 72 hours of arrival
- All participants must upload or bring a copy of the test results with them to be admitted to the convention
- If any person at a convention develops any of the following symptoms of Covid 19, they must be isolated and picked up as quickly as possible after discussion with staff and parent(s). The expectation is that a sick child will be picked up within 3-4 hours when logistically possible based on transportation/distance.
- Fever or chills
- Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
- Muscle or body aches
- New loss of taste or smell
- Sore throat
- Congestion or runny nose
- Nausea or vomiting
- Sick participants will not be able to take group travel home and must be picked up. If a participant leaves a convention for sickness, they must be tested between 3-5 days following. If the participant tests positive for Covid 19, USY must be notified as quickly as possible.