Covid Protocols for In-Person Events
As USY events begin to return in-person, we want to ensure that we are taking every possible precaution to protect our teens and staff against the spread of COVID-19. USY’s medical committee has developed the following protocols for all USY staff and participants.
Until now, we were working towards mitigations for a 0 transmissible event, however with the changes due to Omicron and the variant being transmissible even with vaccination (though still less so), we are working towards mitigations with a risk tolerance equivalent to school. Anyone with underlying health conditions that put them at higher risk, or living with someone who is high risk, should carefully evaluate risk and discuss with their personal health care provider before attending.
For additional questions regarding specific conventions or events, please be in touch with your local USY staff member.
- We strongly recommend that everyone be up-to-date on their COVID vaccination
- Each program will follow the public health guidelines of the location where it is taking place
Prior to each program there will be a COVID screening, which will include the following questions:
- Have you had any known exposure to someone who tested positive or had presumed COVID in the past 7 days?
- If yes and asymptomatic, you can take a rapid antigen (home or medical facility) test and attend if negative.
- Test must be taken the day of the program with a picture of the results with your initials and date on the test sent to: [email protected].
- Do you have any of the following symptoms?
- Fever of 100.4 or higher, chills, cough, shortness of breath or difficulty breathing, fatigue, muscle or body aches, headache, new loss of taste or smell, sore throat, congestion or runny nose, nausea or vomiting, diarrhea
- If you have any symptoms, do not come to the program.
PERSONAL RISK MITIGATION
- We recommend that participants and staff be fully vaccinated and boosted, regardless of prior COVID-19 infection.
- We strongly recommend that all participants receive their flu shot
- USY recommends that masks be worn indoors, except for sleeping, inside personal rooms, and eating.
- All participants must take two rapid antigen (home or medical facility) tests prior to the overnight event, one 24-hours prior to the event and one the morning of the event. They may attend if both are negative.
- If any person at a convention develops any of the following symptoms of COVID-19, they must be isolated and picked up as quickly as possible after discussion with staff and parent(s). The expectation is that a sick child will be picked up within 3-4 hours when logistically possible based on transportation/distance.
- Fever or chills
- Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
- Muscle or body aches
- New loss of taste or smell
- Sore throat
- Congestion or runny nose
- Nausea or vomiting
- Sick participants will not be able to take group travel home and must be picked up. If a participant leaves a convention for sickness, they must be tested between 3-5 days following. If the participant tests positive for Covid 19, USY must be notified as quickly as possible.
COVID- 19 REFUND POLICY
- Withdrawal by You. In the event, after registering but prior to the scheduled start date you notify USCJ/USY that you are withdrawing from the program, refunds of monies paid to USCJ/USY will be made as follows:
- If the withdrawal is for good cause, you will receive a full refund. If the withdrawal is without good cause, there shall be a partial fund.
- The decision as to whether there is good cause for a participant’s withdrawal, or not, shall be made by the USCJ/USY program director and shall be final, conclusive and binding, and not subject to review by any court or arbitrator.
- As above, the USCJ finance department will communicate to you within 30 days of the end date the amount and calculation of any refund to which you are entitled. The calculation (other than arithmetic errors) shall be final, conclusive and binding, and not subject to review by any court or arbitrator. You shall have the option to convert any refund, in whole or in part, into a charitable donation to USCJ. Any refund (or portion thereof) not converted into a charitable donation shall be paid within 14 days thereafter. Note: In no event shall any refund exceed the actual amount paid to USCJ/USY by you, exclusive of any scholarships, grants, or other third-party payments on your behalf.