Capture the excitement of Seattle, the uniqueness of Portland, and the beauty of Vancouver, British Columbia. Explore some of North America’s most spectacular wonders of nature from Mount Rainier in Washington State to Crater Lake in Oregon to the glaciers … Continue reading
- 2013 Preliminary Application
- 2013 Dates and Prices
- 2012 Summer Program Updates
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Safety and Security Information
Scholarships and Incentives
- “Classic” USY on Wheels
- USY on Wheels, Mission: Mitzvah
- USY on Wheels, Pacific Northwest
- USY on Wheels East
- USY on Wheels Sample Itineraries
Israel & Europe
- USY Israel Pilgrimage
- Eastern Europe/Israel Pilgrimage
- Israel Pilgrimage/Poland Seminar
- Italy/Israel Pilgrimage
- USY Israel Adventure
- Israel Adventure PLUS
- L’Takayn Olam
- Poland Seminar for Adults
- USY Israel Pilgrimage Sample Itineraries
- USY Israel Pilgrimage Security Q&A
- Convincing Your Parents
USY offers a broad variety of summer programs. Whether touring across North America on USY on Wheels or exploring Israel and/or parts of Europe on our various Israel Pilgrimage programs USY has something for everyone!
USY Summer Programs provide an exciting way to explore your Jewish identity and tour North America, Europe and Israel. Experience the beauty of Shabbat, learn about the power of Tzedakah, and gain inspiration through creative prayer and engaging interactive Jewish learning programs.
We look forward to seeing you on a USY summer program!
2013 USY Summer Programs Preliminary Registration is open! Fill out your Preliminary Application today!
Do you want to get more information about USY Summer Programs? Make your inquiry request today!
Discover the unique cities of Eastern Europe, from the towering spires of Germany and the Czech Republic to the countryside of Poland. Learn about the past, present, and future of these unique Jewish communities, including visits to concentration camps. Then … Continue reading
Explore Jewish life in Poland, followed by four weeks of renewal in Israel. A full week is spent discovering the history and culture of Polish Jewry, including visits to the concentration camps of Sobibor, Majdanek, Auschwitz, Birkenau, and Treblinka. Poland … Continue reading
JustCity is a new collaborative precollege program in Jewish Social Justice for high school sophomores and juniors to deepen Jewish identity through social-justice projects in New York City. E-mail firstname.lastname@example.org for additional information. **Inquiries about JustCity should only be made through JTS. … Continue reading
Applications for all of our programs are accepted on a first-come, first-served basis. Limited spaces are still available except as indicated below. Please contact the USY International Office with any questions or for more information about our programs.
|Program||2013 Dates||Cost *||Grades *|
|“Classic” USY on Wheels||June 24 - August 8||$7,190||9-11|
|USY on Wheels, Mission: Mitzvah||July 1 - August 8||$6,495||9-11|
|USY on Wheels, Pacific Northwest||July 1-23|
This program currently has a waiting list
|USY on Wheels, East||July 1-30||$4,995||8|
Israel and Europe
|Eastern Europe/Israel Pilgrimage||June 25 - August 4|
This program currently has a waiting list
|Israel Pilgrimage/Poland Seminar||1st departure:|
June 17 - July 22;
June 24 - July 29
Both departures currently have a waiting list
|Italy/Israel Pilgrimage||This program has been cancelled for Summer 2013||10-12|
|Israel Adventure PLUS||June 25 - July 29||$6,990||10-12|
|USY Israel Adventure –|
A Teen Tour of Israel
|July 1 - 29||$5,995||10-12|
|L’Takayn Olam –|
A Social Action and
Sightseeing Experience in Israel
|June 25 - July 24||$5,995||10-12|
* Please note:
- All prices are in U.S. dollars and subject to change. “Grades” is the current grades (2012-13 school year) you must be in to participate.
- The cost of USY on Wheels includes the charter bus from the New York area (or Seattle, for Pacific Northwest), travel, room and board, gratuities, and admission fees.
- Each Israel Pilgrimage program cost includes round trip airfare from New York, room and board, an approved medical plan, sightseeing tours with professional guides, gratuities and admission fees. All personal expenses are additional. Domestic flights are not included in the cost of USY summer programs. Extra baggage on your flights is additional.
- For all USY Israel Pilgrimage trips, prices are subject to change, dependent on whether airlines chose to place a fuel surcharge on tickets. Such charges may be passed along directly to registered participants.
Scholarships are offered by the USY regions, local congregations and affiliated programs for qualifying USYers. For further information on these and other scholarship programs, contact your synagogue or regional USY director, or contact the USY International Office for more information.
Payment and Cancellation Policy
The cost of USY on Wheels includes the charter bus from the New York area (or Seattle, for Pacific Northwest), travel, room and board, gratuities, and admission fees.
- March 1-31: $750
- April 1 – May 3: $950
- May 4-26: $1,200
- May 27 – June 9: $2,000
- June 10 – Departure: Full cost of Program
Please note: Additional cancellation fees may apply for all programs. You will be notified of such fees in advance.
USY does not provide trip cancellation or interruption insurance. Please contact your local insurance company or contact the USY International Office for recommended options.
Please note the following:
- Spaces are limited on all programs and are first-come, first served.
- If there is a SOLD OUT icon next to the program you want to go on, you can still sign up. Your name will be placed on a waiting list and if spots open up, we will contact you.