Observe Shabbat! Take your Standardized Tests on Sunday!
What to do for the SAT/Subject Tests:
- Obtain a regular SAT/Subject Test application form.
- On the form, in the section for your test center location, fill in 01-000. (Leave the second choice blank.) Educational Testing Service guarantees to arrange a Sunday testing site. For more information, call the Educational Testing Service at (866) 756-7346.
- Indicate the Saturday date that is the day before you would like to take the Sunday exam, in the area designated for your test date.
- With your application, enclose a short letter from your Rabbi or Youth Director explaining why you need to take the test on Sunday (a form letter indicating religious reason is fine).
- Mail in your application at least a week before the registration deadline. If this is the first time you are registering for Sunday testing you must register by mail. Otherwise you may register online or by phone.2010-11 Sunday SAT & Subject Test Dates:
October 10, 2010
November 7, 2010
December 5, 2010
January 23, 2011
May 8, 2011
June 5, 2011
What to do for the ACT Test:
- Obtain a regular ACT application form.
- On the form, in the section for your test center location, fill in the test center code for the non-Saturday date relating to your test choice. NOTE: The code for Sunday test dates all end with a “1″. These test codes are listed at the end of the section for each state.
Dates may differ at the site near you and may not be on a Sunday. Please call the ACT Registration phone line at (319) 337-1270 to confirm the date and testing location for the non-Saturday ACT test near you.
For more information, visit www.collegeboard.org  (for the SAT) or www.actstudent.org  (for the ACT).
Study hard and feel great, because by taking the test on a Sunday, you’ve increased your Shabbat observance and helped to guarantee that this option is available for Jewish students in the future!