Links to Jewish Resources
(Adapted from Jewish Internet Resources, compiled by Rabbis Ashira Konigsburg and Josh Heller for the Rabbinical Assembly)
- *NEW* Pocket Torah- use this app to learn your layning! You can hear the trope and correct pronunciation of the words as well as view the Torah reading in Tikun mode, with or without trope and vowels.
- List of helpful websites for learning how to layn Torah or useful when preparing a Torah reading- compiled by Nomi Small, 2012 USY Rel/ed International General Board Member
- I-Daven! USY’s collection of Ruach and Tefillah audio recordings
- Virtual Cantor: mp3 files of different Tefillot
- SiddurAudio- MP3 files of traditional Nusach (prayer tunes). Learn how to daven online!
- Siddur text and transliteration
- Customize your own siddur
- Tefillah Nusach, Tefillah resources
- Zemirot or “Ruach” tunes and text
- Brush up on your trop or learn a new set of trop such as High Holiday, Eicha or Megillah
- Passover Seder Songs and Prayers to traditional tunes
- USCJ – The United Synagogue of Conservative Judaism – The Center for Affiliated Conservative Congregations throughout North America. You cannot have USY without USCJ!
- Masorti – The Conservative Movement in Israel (Masorti Olami is worldwide)
- Canadian Foundation for Masorti Judasim
- Tichon Ramah Yerushalayim
- USY High
- Rabbinical Assembly – Go here for a list of various Tshuvot or responsa of the Conservative Movement
- Jewish Theological Seminary – The Academic Center for Conservative Judaism: trains Rabbis, Hazzanim and educators, includes an undergraduate program.
- American Jewish University – A center of Jewish learning and scholarship on the West Coast, also trains Conservative Rabbis and Educators, also includes an undergraduate program.
- National Ramah Camping Movement – Conservative Jewish camping movement.
- Solomon Schechter Day School Association
- Federation of Jewish Men’s Clubs – Men’s Club programming throughout Conservative Congregations
- Women’s League for Conservative Judaism – Sisterhood and women’s programming in synagogues
- Mercaz USA and Mercaz Canada
- Find a synagogue when you travel:
- In the United States, Canada and International
- In Israel
- USCJ Torah Sparks – A discussion Guide to the Weekly Torah Portion
- JTS Weekly Torah Commentary
- USY D’var Torah Bank – View copies of Divrei Torah on every parasha.
- USY D’var Torah Resources List- A list of resources to use when writing your own D’var Torah
General Jewish Resources
- Hebcal – Shabbat and Yom Tov Candle Lighting Times and Parshiot by date, Jewish holidays by date.
- Online Tikkun for Torah Reading
- New and Creative Jewish rituals
- Create your own virtual Tikkun Page
- My Jewish Learning – Articles on everything you need to know about Judaism by rabbis, educators, professors and Jewish intellectuals.
- Jewish Resources on virtually any topic
- Hebrew-English dictionary
- Media Midrash- a great website that links various videos with Jewish curricula (both secular and Jewish content videos and songs are included).
- G-dcast- short animated videos on every parsha and holiday! An Educators’ page is also available on this site. Great for Kadima!
Create your own study sheets with these text sites:
- Translations of Midrash, and Talmud and biblical texts – Provides access to Bar Ilan Judaic Classics for $20 a year
- Biblical text, Mishnah and an online Tikkun
- Translations of the Bible
- Printed pages of Talmud
- Magen Tzedek – The social justice certification program of the Conservative Movement
- Creating a Jewish Home – Guide for families, includes Kashrut (USCJ)
- Bringing it Home – A Guide for USYers who want to keep Kosher even if their family doesn’t.
- Kosher: Sanctifying the Ordinary – An interactive Kashrut CD-ROM, available from USCJ Book Service
News and Blogs
*Please Note – USY does not endorse any view expressed on any blog suggested below. Please read understanding that opinions expressed do not necessarily represent the views or mission of USY. Suggested blogs are fun, informative and contemporary and are meant to keep USYers up to date on opinions, viewpoints and issues floating around the young, contemporary Jewish community.
- JTA – Jewish Telegraphic Agency – A North American Jewish news source
- Tablet Magazine – A daily online magazine of Jewish news, ideas and culture
- The Jew and the Carrot – A blog in partnership with the Jewish daily, the Forward and Hazon, articles center around food, culture and contemporary issues
- Progressive Jewish views on religion, politics and culture
- Jewcy – A blog that has become a platform for ideas that matter to young Jews: Social justice, food, culture, love, contemporary events, etc.