Kadima Program Bank
*NOTE* This page is new and is an on-going project. Please be patient with its construction. You may also search the USY program bank for games and holiday related material for Kadima. If you have a program to contribute, please email it to Amy Dorsch at firstname.lastname@example.org
Tips for Programming for Kadima:
Kadima programs are not “dumbed down” USY events. Kadimaniks have specific social and developmental needs and characteristics. Some tips for programming for this very unique age group include:
Keep the program active and high energy. They have a lot of steam to burn!
They have short attention spans. Activities should be fun and quick
They may have issues socializing, especially between genders. Mix the groups and watch to make sure those who are struggling to fit in, are included in the activity
Use television, movies and music refernces in your programs
Make sure to address each Kadimanik by name. Learn facts about each person so that they know you care about them. You are a role model. They will come back if they know that you care about them.
Anything messy and active works well. Food is one of the best programming tools
8th grade – programming can be a leadership training opportunity. Involve 8th graders in programming.
Program with the Hebrew school
Consider programming with other chapters as a geographic “cluster.” This will make your programs more excited and Kadimaniks will be excited to meet other kids.
- Facebook Profiles Program – 8th Grade- Courtesy of CHUSY
- Israeli Sports Games
- Kadima programming tips- Courtesy of Hagalil
- General Program Ideas- Courtesy of Hagalil Kadima (older, but still contains ideas that may be suitable for Congregational School)
- Games for Kadima- Courtesy of EMTZA Kadima
- Sample Kadima Day- Courtesy of Hagalil
- Kadima Programming ideas- Courtesy of Hanegev Kadima
- Battle of the Sexes- Courtesy of Camp CHUSY
- CandyLand- Courtesy of Seaboard Kadima
- Food Olympics – Courtesy of Seaboard Kadima
- Improv games (see the general program bank for Jewish improv games)
Kadima Sports (and other outdoor games)Jewish arts n’ crafts- basicAmerican Gladiators – Courtesy of CHUSY Kadima
- Tri-wizard Tournament – Courtesy of Tzafon Kadima
- Chugim- a great idea for experiential learning in Congregational Schools (former Program Bank)
- Arts and Crafts Year-Round- some ideas for congregational schools (courtesy of the old USY Program Bank)
Kadima Recruitment and Retention
Please also skim through previous issues of Hakesher: The Advisor Newsletter for more ideas on recruitment and retention.
Don’t forget to check out the Creative Tefillah page for excellent options for Kadima
Appropriate synagogue dress- lacks activities necessary for 6th-7th graders, but an excellent discussion nonetheless.Bal Taschit – make your own paper
- Bar/Bat Mitzvah – making meaning
- Make your Social Programs Jewish- tips for adding Judaic content to your social programs
- Passover Arts and Crafts by theme- suited for congregational Schools
Do you know that Kadima has its own Tzedakah program called Yad B’yad? Learn more.
Lets Make a Deal social action program – Courtesy of EMTZA Kadima
- Mitzvhah programs for Yad B’yad
- The Great Tzedakah Adventure- Courtesy of CHUSY Kadima