International Convention 2013
- IC 2013 Photo Galleries
- USY International Convention #icnola Daily Update | December 21
- USY International Convention #icnola Daily Update | December 22
- USY International Convention #icnola Daily Update | December 23
- USY International Convention #icnola Daily Update | December 24
- USY International Convention #icnola Daily Update | December 25
- USY International Convention #icnola Daily Update | December 26
- USY International Convention 2013 Livestream Feed
- USY International Convention heads to New Orleans
- 2014 USY International Executive Board Candidates
- IC 2013 Sponsorship Brochure
IC 2013 Sponsorship Brochure
USY INTERNATIONAL CONVENTION
December 22-26, 2013
New Orleans, LA
Hilton New Orleans Riverside
For more information, contact Lisa Alter Krule, USY International Convention Director: (847) 714-9130 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Click here to submit payment for your generous sponsorship.
USY International Convention (referred to as “IC”) is an annual event held each year during the winter school vacation season. Approximately 800 teenagers, ages 15-18, plus an additional 150 staff members, attend each year. The IC location changes from year to year, covering a large portion of North America over a period of a few years.
USY’s 2013 International Convention will take place at the Hilton Riverside New Orleans from December 22-26. During the week of the Convention, the teenagers (lovingly referred to as”USYers”) participate in community service, educational, leadership, religious, cultural and social programming. The USYers are an incredible reflection on themselves, their synagogue, their community, their USY region, and the organization, as a whole.
Each year, IC is an incredibly powerful program, having an extraordinary impact on its participants. USY and the United Synagogue of Conservative Judaism, our parent organization, are particularly proud of this program and use it as a benchmark for other international programs.
We are extremely proud of the interactive, diverse, forward-thinking program we’ve assembled for this year and look forward to your support.
United Synagogue Youth (USY) is a not-for-profit [501(c)3] youth organization. A project of the United Synagogue of Conservative Judaism, USY sponsors programs for teenagers in Conservative synagogues across North America; regional programming, including weekend conferences, social programming and week-long camp experiences; and international programming, including summer travel experiences across North America, Israel, and Europe. Close to 15,000 Jewish teens and pre-teens in hundreds of chapters across the United States and Canada are active in USY-affiliated programs. Founded in 1951, USY has had an impact on the lives of thousands Jewish teenagers. The invaluable experiences and wonderful memories have helped to shape the identities of USY’s members.
There’s only one USY IC, and we look forward to your generous support.
Various sponsorship opportunities allow you increased visibility and unparalleled access to more than 1,000 IC delegates and more than 15,000 teen and pre-teen members across North America. Attendees will know and appreciate your role in supporting the powerful programming and exciting events that are part of the IC experience. You will have the satisfaction of watching another successful and productive Convention unfold thanks to your support, while also reaping the benefits of an intense positioning opportunity in front of emerging leaders in the Jewish community.
Sponsorship Recognition & Benefits
We appreciate the support of all our USY International Convention sponsors, who are recognized in the following ways:
- Listing in the printed Convention Program
- A banner with your company’s name or logo (provided by sponsor) will be displayed prominently in the main Convention hall
- Excellent product exposure and recognition in front of a broad geographic consumer market of teenagers and adults from across the United States and Canada
- Gold Sponsors ($5,000) receive two VIP tickets for the Opening Dinner on Sunday, Dec. 22 as well as a listing on USY’s website.
- Platinum Sponsors ($7,500) receive four VIP tickets for a private reception in their honor, four VIP tickets for the Opening Dinner on Sunday, Dec. 22, and placement of their logo on USY’s website.
We hope you will join us as a sponsor of the USY International Convention. Through your generosity, you and your company/organization will help impact the lives of over 15,000 Jewish teenagers.
Platinum Level ($7,500): The Platinum Level sponsors some of the following programming during the convention:
- Convention Faculty: USY International Convention features a highly intensive, educational program of daily activities and sessions centered on a unique educational theme each year. The learning sessions this year will focus on of Social Action and Repairing the World.
- Convention Video: The IC video is a wonderful way to relive the memories of the Convention. It is first shown at the IC Closing Session.
Gold Level ($5,000): The Gold Level sponsors some of the following programming during the convention:
- Abraham Joshua Heschel Honor Society Induction and Keynote Speaker: New members of the Abraham Joshua Heschel Honor Society are inducted annually at IC. In addition, a Keynote speaker who embodies the values of the Abraham Joshua Heschel Honor Society addresses the delegates.
- Installations, Awards and Final Evening Program: IC concludes its week of festivities by celebrating the installation of the 2014 USY officers and by recognizing superlative regions and chapters with awards for excellence in programming, charitable giving (tzedakah) and membership. Following the recognition ceremony, USYers will enjoy an evening of dinner, dancing and programming.
Silver Level ($3,600): The Silver Level sponsors some of the following programming during the convention:
- Kit Bags: Sponsors of the kit bag will also have the opportunity to include their logo on the bag itself. Each IC delegate will receive this welcome bag with your logo prominently featured.
- Community Service Projects: Each year, USYers engage in social action and service projects that benefit the wider community hosting IC. This year, with Social Action serving as the overall convention theme, delegates will spend an entire day engaging in hands-on social action projects around the New Orleans area, including activities that continue to support communities struck by Hurricane Katrina more than eight years ago.
- Opening Session: Each year, the spirit and creativity of the IC Opening Session is one of the highlights of the Convention and this year will be no different. Delegates will be greeted by an incredible production that will break the ice and raise the roof!
Bronze Level ($2,500): The Bronze Level sponsors some of the following programming during the convention:
- Program Guide: The IC Program Guide includes all the need-to-know information about the Convention as well as information about our generous sponsors!
- Leadership Workshops: A hallmark of the IC schedule, these leadership workshops train and inspire all convention delegates, enabling USYers to network with other teen leaders from various parts of North America.
- Advisor Sessions and Professional Development: During daily classes, our talented and dedicated staff members participate in professional development sessions.
- USY Summer Program Reunions: During the summer, more than 400 teens participate in USY’s Summer Programs across North America, Europe and Israel. Reunions held annually at IC bring all USY program groups together for reflecting, reminiscing, and rejoicing!
Additional Sponsorship Opportunities
- Hotel Key Cards ($1,800)
- Water bottle, Pens, Notepads, and other Premium Incentives ($1,500)
- Convention Registration ($1,000)
- Convention Phone App ($1,000)
- Advisor Reception ($1,000)
- Digital Sponsorship, including messages pushed to convention attendees ($1,000)
- Banner Signs ($1,000)
- Elie Schwartz (z”l) Memorial IC Scholarship Fund: Established 10 years ago by Elie Schwartz’s family following his untimely passing, this scholarship fund supports those who limited financial resources but abounding enthusiasm to attend IC. They did so because IC was Elie’s favorite USY program and, even as a regional and international officer, Elie benefited from national, regional and synagogue scholarships that helped him attend convention. Funds contributed by synagogues, USY regions, and concerned friends provide matching dollars to stretch every scholarship and maximize the number of potential IC participants.
- IC General Operations Support: Please consider an unrestricted gift in any amount to help underwrite the general operation of USY International Convention. All contributions directly impact USY delegates to enhance the overall IC experience.
For more information, contact Lisa Alter Krule, USY International Convention Director:
(847) 714-9130 or email@example.com.
Click here to submit payment for your generous sponsorship.
Click here to download the IC 2013 Sponsorship Brochure.