International Convention 2013
- IC 2013 Photo Galleries
- USY International Convention #icnola Daily Update | December 21
- USY International Convention #icnola Daily Update | December 22
- USY International Convention #icnola Daily Update | December 23
- USY International Convention #icnola Daily Update | December 24
- USY International Convention #icnola Daily Update | December 25
- USY International Convention #icnola Daily Update | December 26
- USY International Convention 2013 Livestream Feed
- USY International Convention heads to New Orleans
- 2014 USY International Executive Board Candidates
- IC 2013 Sponsorship Brochure
USY International Convention #icnola Daily Update | December 24
Each Day at every International Convention is full of amazing programs and opportunities, from morning to night – and #icnola is no exception! Amazing speakers, amazing ruach, and amazing time with friends are always on the schedule.
The day was highlighted by two unforgettable – yet very different – programs:
- NY1 Reporter, social entrepreneur, and USY alum Jessica Abo captivated the entire room with her charm, her effervescence, and her captivating personality. She shared stories from her time in USY, advancing through the ranks as a professional journalist, and how she began her path of philanthropy at age 16 while still in high school. She also spoke about dealing with those who are different from you, may not have nice things to day about you, or treat you differently because you are Jewish. Her words resonated with each person in the room – it was as if she had an individual conversation with 800 people all at once. If USY had a BFF (best friend forever), Jessica Abo would surely be one of them. Learn more about Jessica at www.jessicaabo.com and follow her on Twitter at @JessicaAbo. Click here to go to the Live Stream page for a recap of this moving presentation.
- Our evening event pitted the Green Gumbo against Purple Jambalaya in Maccabi Gras! USYers participated in various events to earn precious points for their team, culminating in a special Israel Trivia segment. With banner and song, on the court or around a table, everyone worked together in pursuit of victory. In the end, Green Gumbo took the crown, but everyone was a winner! Click here to go to the Live Stream page for a recap of this moving presentation and click here to view a photo gallery from the program.
USY International Convention
Our day began with creative service options (t’fillot). Whether you fancy art, music, games, exercise, or meditation, there was an option for each USYer to connect with our Jewish prayers and heritage in a meaningful way – and hopefully in a way they hadn’t before. Later in the afternoon, USYers had some time to explore some key spots in New Orleans: Tulane University, Mardi Gras World, Café de Monde, and the Audubon Aquarium of America. And USYers had the opportunity to meet the candidates for the 2014 USY International Executive Board at the Candidates’ Forum.
Wednesday is a non-stop affair, as well. IC Shaharit Live, Chuggim (specialty workshops), Elections, Awards/Installation, and our Masquerade Dance – that’s quite a line up. Tune in to our Live Stream feed (which includes updated information with times for IC Shaharit Live, Elections, and Awards/Installation Live Streaming), and feel as though you are at #icnola!