Don’t Let Money Stand in Your Way!
We believe every teen deserves the opportunity to participate in a USY Summer Experience, regardless of financial restrictions. There are a number of sources available for scholarship funds including:
For ALL USY Summer Experiences:
- USY – We offer Tikun Olam scholarships on both the regional level and through the international USY office. Scholarships are need-based and can be applied for by registering for a trip (including a deposit), indicating on the application your interest in learning more about scholarship opportunities (there will be a box to check), and applying by the deadline. Contact your regional office for application and deadline information.
- USY Scholarship Database– Browse our database for local scholarships in your region.
- Your congregation’s Men’s Club and Sisterhood – Contact your synagogue’s Men’s Club and Sisterhood for possible scholarships.
- Your congregation’s rabbi – Rabbis have discretionary funds, which they will often use to award scholarship monies.
- Hebrew Free Loan Association – These interest-free loans can supplement trip costs. For more information, click here.
For USY on Wheels:
- One Happy Camper – If your child will be participating in USY on Wheels as their first-ever immersive Jewish overnight summer experience, they may be eligible to receive up to a $1,000 One Happy Camper grant. Contact your local program provider regarding eligibility requirements and grant availability. For more information, click here.
For USY Israel Pilgrimage:
- The Jewish National Fund (JNF) – Jewish National Fund’s Plant Your Way to Israel offers the opportunity to plant trees in Israel to earn money for an Israel trip. For more information, click here.
We advise families to seek financial assistance early in the application process, as all scholarship granting agencies have deadlines and limited funds.
Along with scholarships, USY can help set up a payment plan to pay for trips over a period of time. If you are interested in setting up a payment plan, please contact email@example.com or call the office at at (212) 533-7800, ext. 114.