Scholarships and Incentives
Israel & Europe
USY’s Mission to Cuba
**Program not available for Summer 2015
Experience the life, culture, and Jewish history of Cuba on this one-week USY Summer Program! Spend the first night in Miami getting to know the group, and then head to Havana for the experience of a lifetime! Look forward to some of the incredible highlights below:
- Interact with the Jewish communities of Havana and surrounding provinces
- Learn about the history of Cuba and its Jewish community
- Walking tour of Old Havana, experiencing the famous open air-market and its colonial-era streets
- Meet with artists and art professors from a local community art center and help with painting a mural
- Day trip to nature preserve Las Terraza
- Visit to cultural hub of Matanzas
- Salsa dancing with the local community
- Tour of a French coffee plantation from the 1800s
- Visit to Hemingway’s home Finca Viglia
- See the Patronato, Havana’s largest synagogue
- Meals with members of the community
- Shabbat with the local Jewish community
- More information, including a detailed itinerary, will be provided following registration for the program.
Have questions? Want to learn more about this new USY Summer Program?
Contact us at email@example.com or (212) 533-7800, ext. 1146.
Ready to make your escape with USY?
- Click here to read more about the day-to-day activities for this group during the Summer of 2014.
- Click here to complete the 2015 USY Summer Program Preliminary Registration (using our online application tool).
- Click here to read Frequently Asked Questions about USY Summer Programs.
- If you have any questions or need additional information about this and other USY Summer Programs, e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org.