Resources for Advisors
Links on Leadership
Becoming a USY Leader: Election Handbooks
Includes position descriptions, roles and responsibilities, standards, etc. For sample officer packers please visit each officer page, found on the USY homepage under “Your USY”
- Chapter Officers Role and Responsibilities (Courtesy of CRUSY)
- Election Handbook (Courtesy of Seaboard USY, Adapted by EPA)
- Election Handbook 2 (Courtesy of Pinwheel USY)
Please visit the USY Program Bank for more leadership training activities.
- Dugma Ishit – What does it mean to be a dugma?
- Fun, New Activities for Board Training (Courtesy of Hanegev Region USY)
- I am the Kid Who Never Came Back– a classic poem on the value of every member, excellent to use to teach inclusion and creating a welcoming environment.
- NERUSY Anti-Bullying Statement
- Cliques, Bullying and tolerance– activities on bullying and cliques from a Jewish perspective (you will need a copy of “Love Your Neighbor, Love Yourself: Building Healthy Relationships” for these activities, available through USCJ Book Service.
What is Leadership?
*Please view the USY Program Bank for additional resources on leadership.
- Leadership Text study for Staff– Wheels 2001 Staff Week
- Sample LTI Schedule– courtesy of CHUSY LTI 2011
- Jewish Sources on Leadership – Classic Jewish Texts
- Qualities of Good Leadership
- Leadership Perspectives – Quotes for what makes a JEWISH leader
- Responsibilities of a Jewish Leader
- What is a Leader: The Perfect Accessory Activity
Team Building and Board Bonding Exercises
Is Your Board Bored? Motivating Your Leaders
(Courtesy of NERUSY Region USY)